Overall aims of the course - YLE Starters:
- Recognise and have instant recall of letter names
- Know that these letters make sounds (phonics)
- Learn a large vocabulary of words and be able to name flashcards when shown
- Students will be able to name numbers 1 - 20.
- Know a variety of greetings and be able to use them in the correct context.
- Be able to spell theme related words
- Be confident in using phonics to spell.
- Read simple sentences and be able to answer yes or no.
- Be able to read words and correctly label pictures
- Read and recognise words to be able to complete activities.
- Use listening skills to complete tasks
- Use spoken English in activities
- Understand the instructions asked by the teacher.
- Able to understand simple spoken descriptions of everyday objects - such as colour and size.